[Python-Dev] Fwd: survey about the use of agile practices

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sun Dec 24 19:06:07 CET 2006

Anyone?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Selene Uras <s.uras at diee.unica.it>
Date: Dec 24, 2006 9:24 AM
Subject: survey about the use of agile practices
To: s.uras at diee.unica.it

Dear project manager/developer
 I am conducting at the University of Cagliari, under the supervision of
 prof. Michele Marchesi, a survey about the use of agile practices in
 open source successful projects.
 I would really appreciate if you can devote 5 mins. of your time,
 answering
 the following questionnaire directly in the "Reply" mail to me.
 Thanking in advance,

Selene Uras

1. Project management:
   - Do you use fixed (time-boxed) iterations? Y/N How many days do
they last? ___
   - Do you plan development by gathering a list of features, and then
assign
      them to an iteration? Y/N Since when? Since the start of the
project / Since ___ years.
   - Are users actively involved in requirements gathering and in
project management? Y/N

2. Testing:
   - Has the project an automatic unit test suite? Y/N Which one?
___________
   - If Yes, what is the percentage of code covered by tests? ___ %
   - Do you use automatic acceptance tests? Y/N
   - Since when have you been using automatic tests? Since the start of
the project / Since ___ years.

3. Refactoring:
   - Do you practice explicit code refactoring? Y/N
   - What is the percentage of developing effort for refactoring? ___%
   - Since when have you been using refactoring? Since the start of the
project / Since ___ years.

4. Integration and releases:
   - How long does it take to produce the executable code starting from
source code? ____
   - Do you have a "working version" of the code, which is often
updated by
      developers who add their code and run tests? Y/N

5. General:
   - Can you mention some other agile practices you are using in the
project?
      For each of them, since when has it been used?
      - ....