[Python-Dev] os.spawnlp() missing on Windows in 2.4?

Scott Dial scott+python-dev at scottdial.com
Sat Aug 19 05:16:30 CEST 2006

Guido van Rossum wrote:
> I just got a report from a Windows user that os.spawnlp() is missing
> from Python 2.4, despite being mentioned in the docs. Can someone
> confirm this? My Windows box is resting. :-)

"Availability: Unix, Windows. spawnlp(), spawnlpe(), spawnvp() and
spawnvpe() are not available on Windows. New in version 1.6."

One could argue that it presented poorly, but it reads completely
correct. Alternatively one could says "The 'p' variants are unavailable
on Windows." but that would be assuming someone understand there was a
scheme to the names :-)

--
Scott Dial
scott at scottdial.com