[Python-Dev] no remaining issues blocking 2.5 release

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Aug 15 16:06:18 CEST 2006

Neal Norwitz wrote:
> I just updated the PEP to remove all references to issues blocking
> release of 2.5.
> I don't know of any.  I haven't heard of any issues with the fixes
> that have been checked in.
>
> If you have issues, respond ASAP!  The release candidate is planned to
> be cut this Thursday/Friday.  There are only a few more days before
> code freeze.  A branch will be made when the release candidate is cut.

The distutils version number should be changed back to a static
string literal.

It's currently setup to get its version number
from the Python version running it which pretty much defeats
the whole purpose of having a version number and makes using the
SVN distutils package with other Python versions problematic.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Aug 15 2006)