[Python-Dev] PEP to list externally maintained modules and where to report bugs?

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sun Apr 2 01:22:22 CEST 2006

I reported some warnings I was getting for ctypes the other day and
Martin said I should report it to ctypes.  I now get a warning for
sqlite on OS X 10.4 about INT32_MIN being redefined (I have stdint.h
on my machine and that macro is being redefined in
Modules/_sqlite/cursor.c instead of using the C99 version).

Anyone else think we need a PEP to point to places where externally
maintained code should have bugs or patches reported?  I don't want to
hunt down a URL for where to do this every time and so it would be
nice to have a list of what code needs bugs/patches reported where.
Otherwise I am prone to just check my changes into the tree and not
get them reported upstream since I want the warnings to go away.  =)

-Brett