[Python-Dev] vendor-packages directory

Rich Burridge Rich.Burridge at Sun.COM
Thu Sep 22 17:19:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

Recently I asked about the inclusion of a "vendor-packages"
directory for Python on the Python mailing list.

See the thread started at:

   http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2005-September/300029.html

for the full reasoning behind this request, and the replies
I received.

I then approached Guido for his take on this suggestion.
He recommended I submit the patch to the Python patch
manager at SourceForge, and inform the folks on python-dev
mailing list.

So I have.

You can find the patch submission at:

   http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1298835&group_id=5470&atid=305470

Thanks.

--
Rich Burridge                       Email:     rich.burridge at Sun.COM
Sun Microsystems Inc. (MPK14-260),  Phone:     +1.650.786.5188