[Python-Dev] Replacement for print in Python 3.0

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Sep 5 04:47:25 CEST 2005

> In the end the process is not democratic.

Which may make it easier: rather than having to convince 50%+ of the people, one only has to convince a single person...

> I don't think there's anything that can change my mind
> about dropping the statement.

As long as "I don't think there's anything" isn't "There isn't anything", there is still hope, and the potential that the one person's opinion that matters can be changed.

However, when I wrote the email, I assumed you wouldn't read it (because you said you were leaving the discussion until there was a PEP).  What I wanted to know was what the best way of putting together succinct, clear, reasons why you should change your mind would be, so that could be done.  Even if you didn't change your mind, at least it would be (judging from previous decision reversals) the best shot.

=Tony.Meyer