[Python-Dev] Replacement for print in Python 3.0

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 19:12:27 CEST 2005

Fredrik Lundh wrote:
> Steven Bethard wrote:
>
> >> - Error and help messages, often with print >>sys.stderr
> >
> > Use the print() method of sys.stderr:
> >
> >    sys.stderr.print('error or help message')
>
> so who's going to add print methods to all file-like objects?

The same people that added __iter__(), next(), readline(), readlines()
and writelines() to their file-like objects when technically these are
all derivable from read() and write().  This is why I suggested
providing a FileMixin class.  In retrospect, I'm surprised we don't
already have one...

STeVe
--
You can wordify anything if you just verb it.
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy