[Python-Dev] PythonCore\CurrentVersion

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sun Oct 9 10:29:27 CEST 2005

> What happened to the CurrentVersion registry entry documented at
>
> http://www.python.org/windows/python/registry.html
>
> AFAICT, even the python15.wse file did not fill a value in this
> entry (perhaps I'm misinterpreting the wse file, though).
>
> So was this ever used? Why is it documented, and who documented it
> (unfortunately, registry.html is not in cvs/subversion, either)?

I believe I documented it many moons ago.  I don't think CurrentVersion was
ever implemented (or possibly was for a very short time before being
removed).  The "registered modules" concept was misguided and AFAIK is not
used by anyone - IMO it should be deprecated (if not just removed!).
Further, I believe the documentation in the file for PYTHONPATH is, as said
in those docs, out of date, but that the comments in getpathp.c are correct.

Cheers,

Mark