[Python-Dev] ast status, memory leaks, etc

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 20:05:19 CET 2005

On 11/21/05, Fredrik Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:

> sounds like the PSF should buy you some more RAM.

I think I still have some allocation from the PSF. Wanna have a party. ;-)

Seriously, I don't know that more RAM would help too much.  I didn't
notice much swapping, but maybe if I had run in bigger chunks
--without-pymalloc I would have.

I think a bigger bang for the buck would be to buy a Windows box with
Purify.  Rational was a real pain to deal with, maybe it's better now
that IBM bought them.  Parasoft (Insure++) was even worse to deal
with.  There would be many other benefits for someone to do more
testing on Windows.  The worst part of all this is ... it's still
Windows.

I'm not tied to Purify, I just don't know anything that works better.
I've never used any such tool on Windows though.