[Python-Dev] Inconsistent behaviour in import/zipimport hooks

Jim Jewett jimjjewett at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 15:27:13 CET 2005

Ulrich Berning schrieb:

[He already has a patch that does much of what is being discussed]

> I have also introduced the new flag Py_NoZipImport that
> can be activated with -Z at startup. This bypasses the
> activation of zipimport

I think -Z could be confusing; I would expect it to work more like
the recent suggestion that it name a specific Zip file to use as
the only (or at least the first) source of modules.

I do see that the switch is handy; I'm just suggesting a different
name, such as -nozip or -skip file.zip.

-jJ