[Python-Dev] apparent ruminations on mutable immutables (was:PEP 351, the freeze protocol)

Noam Raphael noamraph at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 20:04:50 CET 2005

Thank you for your encouraging words!

I am currently working on a PEP. I am sure that writing it is a good
idea, and that it would help with explaining this idea both to others
and to myself.

What I already wrote makes me think that it can be accomplished with
no really large changes to the language - only six built-in types are
affected, and there is no reason why existing code, both in C and in
Python, would stop working.

I hope others would be interested in the idea too, when I finish
writing the PEP draft, so it would be discussed. Trying the idea with
PyPy is a really nice idea - it seems that it would be much simpler to
implement, and I'm sure that learning PyPy would be interesting.

Thanks again, and I would really like to hear your comments when I
post the PEP draft,
Noam