[Python-Dev] Adding any() and all()

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Mar 11 18:54:07 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-11 at 12:40, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> While I'm no fan of lambdas either, the removal would break too
> much code (e.g. I have 407 hits in the code base I use regularly
> alone).

We /are/ talking Python 3000 here, right?  I'm expecting all manner of
code breakage in moving from Python 2 to Python 3.  So while I would
lament the loss of lambda too, I think its impact on my code will be in
the noise compared to dealing with "optional" static typing and the
truly saddening loss of <>.

there's-a-wink-in-there-somewhere-ly y'rs,
-Barry