[Python-Dev] Re: [Python Dev] PEP 309

Steven Bethard steven.bethard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 00:18:30 CET 2005

Peter Harris <scav at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> However, I sympathise with anyone who feels unhappy about a new module
> just for what amounts to one function.

Well, since it seems that the emphasis in Python development is now
moving more towards expanding the standard library, a module that has
only one function now might grow more functions in the not so distant
future, so I have to say that I'm on the side of not being unhappy
with the added module.  (I'm also secretly hoping that map, filter,
reduce, etc. will be moved to the functional module in the future,
maybe in Python 3.0.  But that's probably just my love for list
comprehensions and generator expressions speaking.) ;-)

Steve
--
You can wordify anything if you just verb it.
        --- Bucky Katt, Get Fuzzy