[Python-Dev] Improving the Python Memory Allocator

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Jan 30 11:31:58 CET 2005

Evan Jones wrote:
> Sure. This should be done even for patches which should absolutely not
> be committed?

Difficult question. I think the answer goes like this: "Patches that
should absolutely not be committed should not be published at all".
There are different shades of gray, of course - but people typically
dislike receiving patches through a mailing list.

OTOH, I'm guilty of committing a patch myself which was explicitly
marked as not-to-be-committed on SF, so I cannot really advise to
use SF in this case. Putting it on your own web server would be
best.

Regards,
Martin