[Python-Dev] Re: anonymous blocks

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Apr 19 20:48:59 CEST 2005

"Shannon -jj Behrens" <jjinux at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:c41f67b90504191135e85c8b5 at mail.gmail.com...
>Have you guys considered the following syntax for anonymous blocks?

There have probably been about 10 such proposals bandied about over the
years, mostly on comp.lang.python, which is the more appropriate place for
speculative proposals such as this.

>I understand that there is hesitance to use "{}".

For some, there is more than 'hisitance'.  If you understood why, as has
been discussed on c.l.p several times, I doubt you would bother proposing
such.  I won't repeat them here.  I should hope there is a Python FAQ entry
on this.

Terry J. Reedy