[Python-Dev] shadow password module (spwd) is never built due to error in setup.py

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Apr 15 22:33:21 CEST 2005

Irmen de Jong wrote:
> Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>
>> Irmen de Jong wrote:
>>
>>> Please advise?
>>

>> setup.py should refer to config_h_vars, which in turn should be set
>> earlier.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Martin
>

> Ah so the setup.py script is flawed.
> However, the sysconfig object doesn't contain a config_h_vars...
> So I guess distutils must be patched too?

While it probably should be included in distutils.sysconfig, config_h_vars was
created later on in setup.py by some code dealing with whether to compile
expat.  I just moved that up to the top of the funciton so that it can be used
sooner.

Fixed in rev. 1.217 .  Sorry about the bad checking that broke the building of
it in the first place.  =)

-Brett