[Python-Dev] Unified or context diffs?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Apr 13 12:06:13 CEST 2005

Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at iinet.net.au> writes:

> Are context diffs still favoured for patches?

If you want me to review it, yes, probably, but see below...

> The patch submission guidelines [1] still say that, but is it actually
> true these days? I personally prefer unified diffs, but have been
> generating context diffs because of what the guidelines say.

Emacs 21's diff-mode can convert between the two with a keypress.
People who continue to abuse themselves by not using Emacs can
probably find other tools to do this job.  So *I* don't regard this as
a big deal.

Plain diffs are of course, right out.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  It is never worth a first class man's time to express a majority
  opinion.  By definition, there are plenty of others to do that.