[Python-Dev] Re: Library packaging (was: SQLite module)

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Thu Oct 21 15:22:04 CEST 2004

On Thu, Oct 21, 2004 at 03:18:08PM +0200, Thomas Heller wrote:
> It may be a crazy idea, but the more I switch platforms the more I have
> the impression that getting software via cvs (or svn, maybe) is the
> easiest thing.

It wouldn't help Windows users much.  Sensible platforms that come
with CVS/SVN usually have their own packaging mechanisms.

> Couldn't pypi record the needed info for this?

It could be added.  I'd like to add support for DOAP
(http://usefulinc.com/doap) to PyPI at some point, which does include
such information; it would make sense to add things that are in DOAP
but not currently in PyPI.

--amk