[Python-Dev] cookielib module in 2.4?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu May 13 08:59:34 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 18:40, John J Lee wrote:
> I have a module that I'd like to get included in Python 2.4.  It adds
> transparent HTTP cookie handling to urllib2

Although I haven't looked at your code, I think the functionality would
be a good addition to Python.  Brett's right though, it needs (Python
style) documentation and unit tests.

I wonder if it makes sense to combine the functionality of Cookie.py and
cookielib.py?  Perhaps not, but at the very least I'd like to see
something like this integrated into the eventual output of the web-sig
(probably not for 2.4).

-Barry