[Python-Dev] Including translated doc strings in 2.4

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Jun 30 02:04:25 EDT 2004

Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Good enough reason for me, although my one (minor) concern is the
> consumption of that name in the top-level package namespace for
> something that isn't Python code.

Indeed. If you can propose a different location in the source
tree, and in the installed tree (for both Windows and Unix),
I could do that as well.

> That makes me feel better about dropping it in Lib, even if the use case
> is a little questionable. I'm uncomfortable about having things other
> than packages or modules in that namespace.

There are already a lot of lib- directories, which aren't package
names. If a different directory name would make you feel more
comfortable, please suggest one.

I had precisely the same concerns myself, that's why I asked.

Regards,
Martin