[Python-Dev] Re: decorators and 2.4

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Tue Jun 29 12:45:30 EDT 2004

"Jewett, Jim J" <jim.jewett at eds.com> writes:

> Jeff Bone:
>
>> Yet --- true, but only if one accepts a particular and rather
>> simple-minded and overly-literal interpretation of the ***GOALS*** of
>> PEP 318,
>
> That simple-minded and overly-literal interpretation may well
> be correct.
>
> PEP 318 does not intend to change the semantics or capabilities
> of the language in any way whatsoever.

I just want to point out that Guido has been basically silent ever
since this discussion re-started and it has now degenerated into a
mostly-philosophical debate.  I suggest it might be worth waiting for
him to respond before it spirals any further away from what was asked
for :)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting