[Python-Dev] Weekly Python Bug/Patch Summary (2nd try)

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Jun 24 17:11:53 EDT 2004

[Aahz]
> ...and it just now showed up in my mailbox.  mail.python.org has been
> under severe load for several days, everyone please be patient.  I'll
> probably poke Thomas Wouters about the status of the new machines XS4ALL
> has been promising.

I don't want to leave anyone with the impression that this email disaster
has been somehow the fault of Thomas or of XS4ALL.  XS4ALL has had nothing
at all to do with python.org email so far, and, to the contrary, generously
offered to contribute new machine resources so python.org email would have
better luck.

python.org email has to be migrated to the new machine, though, and humans
are the bottleneck there (e.g., "spare time" for Barry).

Zope Corp is also in the process of moving zope.org email off the machine
python.org email has been using, and that takes time too, but has the
immediate good effect of decreasing the load on both email machines.