[Python-Dev] RE: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Misc NEWS, 1.983, 1.984

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jun 2 22:31:50 EDT 2004

> Fix grammar hopefully. :)
[...]
> ! - Unicode type got two new methods; iswide() and width(). They
> !   manipulate east asian width information as of Unicode TR11.
[...]
> ! - Unicode type got two new methods now; iswide() and width(). They
> !   manipulate east asian width information from Unicode TR11.

Not that I think that having grammatically perfect NEWS is at all important,
but this isn't grammatically correct.

Something like "The Unicode type received two new methods: iswide() and
width().  These manipulate East Asian width information, as outlined in
Unicode TR11" is probably what you're after.

=Tony Meyer