[Python-Dev] Re: Stackless Python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jun 1 12:40:42 EDT 2004

"Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote in message
news:5.1.1.6.0.20040601001051.01f00ca0 at mail.telecommunity.com...
>  I was just suggesting that if people had specific
> features of Stackless that they wanted to see in CPython, that it would
be
> best for them to write a PEP specifically addressing the desired
> feature(s), rather than asking "why isn't CPython stackless?"

I agree that a PEP would be more useful than the repeated question.

One criterion for adding a new module is a constituency of users.  One
thing that would help the Stackless in Python cause is more evidence that
it is useful in practice as well as in theory and expectation.  Even today,
the only thing I can find on the site is
"
Stackless has impressive applications, like:
  a.. Eve, an online massive multiplayer game by CCP Games
  b.. ? by Iron Port
"
Eve was listed two years ago and ? does not say much.  I went to the Eve
site, downloaded several videos, and from what was presented, was impressed
negatively, so it is not obviously to me an advertisement for Stackless. So
other examples, less costly to try out, might be more persuasive.

 Terry J. Reedy