[Python-Dev] Fix import errors to have data

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Tue Jul 27 19:47:49 CEST 2004

Guido writes:
> Having had the recent opportunity to root around in Java code that
> chains exceptions [...] a lot, I think I'm against that approach.

I understand where you're coming from, but don't forget that the
annoyances about chained exceptions are MUCH worse in Java than
they would be in Python because Java's checked exceptions (plus a bit
of poor code design) practically require every single layer of code
to wrap the exceptions from the layer below. In Python you could just
ignore them unless you had something new to add. (Of course, that
could be done perfectly well *without* chained exceptions also...)

-- Michael Chermside