[Python-Dev] Undo indenting of macros in Include/pyport.h?

Brett Cannon bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Jul 5 21:33:16 CEST 2004

Brett Cannon wrote:

> Personally I would like to remove the tabs so that grepping is easier
> and more obvious.  But the tabbing is there since the #ifdef'ing goes
> three levels deep.

At the suggestion of someone I double-checked the C standard and it does
not require the # sign be in column 1 (turns out some old compilers do,
but ISO C does not).  So I am for keeping the tabbing then, but I would
like to move the # sign next to the macro statement instead of being in
column 1.  Does that work for people?

Since we are requiring C89 compliance I figure this will won't be a big
deal, but we all know some people still use funky compilers on Python.

-Brett