[Python-Dev] Issue with HTTP basic proxy authentication in urllib2

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Jan 21 10:14:26 EST 2004

On Wed, Jan 21, 2004, Ivano Broz wrote:

> I have only been scripting in python for about 3 months
> and have mainly been performing HTTP requests to cgi scripts.
> I have had had a lot of trouble with POST method and believe I have
> tracked this down to the fact that I'm having to perform Basic Proxy
> authentication.

python-dev isn't a good place to discuss this.  Please do one of two
things:

* If you're sure of your bug and your patch, please submit an item on
SourceForge.

* If you want to discuss this, please post to comp.lang.python and then
post an item to SF.

(python-dev focuses more on overall development than on small bugfixes
like this, although issues will generally move here for consensus if
there's been a long debate on c.l.py.  SF is essential for keeping track
of bugs and patches -- we've lost too many that were only posted to
python-dev.)

A: No.
Q: Is top-posting okay?