[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Lib/email/test test_email_codecs.py, 1.4, 1.5

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Jan 18 10:50:26 EST 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 07:26, Anthony Baxter wrote:

> If it can be shown that this is a pure win (that is, it improves code
> for 2.3.4, but is both backwards and forwards compatible, then I don't
> mind.

Understood.  I'll do the best I can to test this, but it would help if
someone less monolingual than I can help.  Here's the plan: I'm going to
run the tests w/o the patch, but with JapaneseCodecs installed.  Then
I'll apply the patch and re-run the test.  Then I'll install/enable
CJKCodecs and re-run the test.  I'd expect everything to pass, but I'm
not sure that's a complete enough test.

In addition, I plan on running Mailman 2.1.x with Python 2.3.x under
similar environments as above.  I'd expect to see the same pretty
pictures <wink> in the web interface under both scenarios.  I'll try to
cobble together some Japanese charset emails and send them through, but
since I can't read Japanese, I'm really shooting blind.

-Barry