[Python-Dev] No more releases of MacPython-OS9?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Jan 15 15:18:30 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 15:09, Jack Jansen wrote:

> 2. Buy an Installer VISE license. If I read
> <http://www.mindvision.com/pricing.asp> correctly this would cost $500
> per year, probably for the next 2 years. This will only happen if
> someone else comes up with the money: I don't have it...

If continuing the MacOS9 distro of Python 2.3.x is important enough to
the Python community, then I think the PSF should pick up the cost of
the license.  Personally, I don't care about OS9 either myself. :)

OTOH, I think it's perfectly reasonable to declare an EOL date for
MacPython-OS9 now.

-Barry