[Python-Dev] test_unicode_file fails on Linux

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 6 14:14:41 EST 2004

On Jan 6, 2004, at 8:01 PM, Thomas Heller wrote:
>>  I sure hope I was the only one routinely building
>> Python on a Win9x box, though <wink>.
>
> IIRC, Guido has upgraded.

I used to do it pretty often on tartina, my old win98 laptop (which is
why I didn't even ask to be considered as one of the MSVC 7 giftees
back when MS offered -- I knew VS 7 doesn't run on win98).  But since
July I haven't really worked on any Windows contracts -- it's been
mostly Linux (with some prospect of Mac OS X now on the horizon) -- and
tartina's batteries have been nearly dead (RIP) so it's not very usable
anymore on trips &c...

Alex