[Python-Dev] SUCCESS! 2.4 extensions w/mingw (was Re: Switching to VC.NET 2003)

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jan 5 16:25:16 EST 2004

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> Should this, or something like it, be distributed with Windows Python?
> If so, where in the distribution should it go?  Should I create a SF
> patch for this?

I would put it into Tools/scripts; for that, no SF patch would be
necessary. However, I would think that distutils should find out
whether the essential libraries are present, and suggest running
a script if they are not - so please do submit a patch for that
(which then should include your script).

Regards,
Martin