[Python-Dev] Re: @decorators, the PEP and the "options" out there?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Aug 7 20:45:32 CEST 2004

"Tony Meyer" <t-meyer at ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
news:ECBA357DDED63B4995F5C1F5CBE5B1E86C36A8 at its-xchg4.massey.ac.nz...
>If the syntax does end up along these lines (and I'm expressing no opinion
>either way), then maybe it would be worth explicitly telling people (i.e.
in
>PEP 8) that they ought to put a blank line before decorators to make it
>clear?

Does PEP 8 tell people that they should put a blank before comment lines
introducing a function?

>Same deal for "don't do '@this @and_this @on_the_same_line'"
> (unless that loses it's validity).

In PEP 8, maybe, but not the Ref Manual (unless grammatically prohibited).
While uglier, this form does not stike me as being wholely different from
the quasilist proposals that would spell the above [this, and_this,
on_the_same_line].

Terry J. Reedy