[Python-Dev] Trying to fix time.tzset detection for 2.3.1

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Sep 18 02:52:47 EDT 2003

Neal Norwitz wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 08:09:44PM -0700, Brett C. wrote:
>
>>And a question on patching configure.pre.in: is that all I have to patch
>>or do I need to run reconfigure and then also patch configure.in?
>

> As Martin said, there is no configure.pre.in.  The file is configure.in
> and you need to regenerate configure and pyconfig.h.in with autoconf
> and autoheader (version 2.57).

OK.  Well, I ran autoreconf and autoheader.  Both configure.in and
configure look fine and ready to be committed.

But pyconfig.h.in is another thing entirely.  I just ran ``cvs diff`` on
it and the diff I get is (on both HEAD and release23-maint):

+/* Define this if you have tcl and TCL_UTF_MAX==6 */
+#undef HAVE_UCS4_TCL
+

Uh, why is that new?  Is this from Martin's patch to detect RH's custom
Tcl?  Could this be from autoheader not being run after that patch (or
someone else's)?

-Brett