copysort patch, was RE: [Python-Dev] inline sort option

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Oct 25 13:15:29 EDT 2003

On Sat, Oct 25, 2003, Alex Martelli wrote:

> So, if I've followed correctly the lots of python-dev mail over the last
> few days, that person (Aahz) is roughly +0 on list.sorted as classmethod
> and thus we can go ahead.  Right?

I'm not the person who objected on non-English speaking grounds, and I'm
-0 because I don't like using grammatical tense as the differentiator;
as I said, I'd expect sorted() to be a predicate.  If we're doing this
(and it seems we are), I still prefer copysort() for clarity.  But I'm
not objecting to sorted().

--Bill Harlan