[Python-Dev] Re: Re: buildin vs. shared modules

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Oct 23 02:45:19 EDT 2003

"Terry Reedy" <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:

> So I would hope that a C7.1 build is tested on such before an
> irrevocable commitment is made.

That will happen only if there are volunteers to test it. Those
volunteers would need to be very active while the transition occurs,
i.e. build from CVS instead of just trying out installable packages
(because initially, there would not be any installable packages).

That said, I'm quite confident that a VC7.1-built-MSI-packaged
application could be installed even on Win95 - you would have to
install installer first, though (by means of the four-files packaging
approach).

Regards,
Martin