[Python-Dev] Re: buildin vs. shared modules

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Oct 22 10:42:26 EDT 2003

> The whole delayload/__try/__except stuff may be unneeded in 2.4, because
> it will most probably be compiled with MSVC7.1, installed via an msi
> installer,

Is anyone working on that?  I have the VC7.1 compiler too, but haven't
tried to use it yet.  Maybe someone should check in a project
(separate from the VC6 project, so people don't *have to* switch yet)?

Are the tools needed to build an MSI installer included in VC7.1?  If
not, are they a free download?