[Python-Dev] Re: prePEP: Money data type

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 16:30:41 EDT 2003

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at comcast.net> writes:

> Meaning that there's an existing body of work that's already been informed
> by years of design debate (IBM's proposed decimal standard), and an involved
> Python implementation of that.  What happens next depends on who can make
> time to do something next.

While I'm little more than an interested bystander, I'm not clear what
*could* happen next. Can what's in nondist simply (!) be documented
and migrated to the standard library? Is there a need for a C
implementation (much like datetime started in Python but became C
before release)?

The module TODO comment just mentions "cleanup, hunt and kill bugs".
So it certainly sounds like it's nearly there...

Paul.
--
This signature intentionally left blank