[Python-Dev] Patches & Bug help revisited

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Oct 10 12:26:34 EDT 2003

    >> If you go to the patches page, on the left-hand side you will see a
    >> search box ...

    Michael> I never had a look at this, because I thought it's only for
    Michael> software/people. It's not a full text search which would be
    Michael> nice, but it's a start :)

It's also limited by the fact that you can't specify any other search
constraints (like assignee or current state).  If you search for a term
which turns up frequently, you'll get dozens of hits, most of which will be
useless because the bug or patch has already been closed.

Because of this, I often find it easier to use the browse function using
various criteria to limit its scope.

Skip