[Python-Dev] test_bsddb185 failing under OS X

Brett C. drifty@alum.berkeley.edu
Sat, 17 May 2003 12:18:23 -0700

Brett C. wrote:

> But then Skip checked in the exact change I was going to I think almost
> simultaneously.  And guess what?  Now the darned tests pass using dbm! I
> am going to do a completely clean compile and test again to make sure
> this is not a fluke since the only change was ``cvs update`` for
> test_bsddb185.py and that only changed how files were deleted.

Well, I recompiled and the test is still passing.  The  only thing I am
aware of that changed between the tests failing and passing was me
changing the test to use shutil.rmtree to clean up after itself and
renaming dbm.so and then putting its name back.  I have no idea why it
is working now, but it is.

-Brett