[Python-Dev] Vacation; Python 2.2.3 release.

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Thu, 15 May 2003 21:06:27 -0400

[Chad Netzer]
> Stupid question.  Where can I get a prerelease (or CVS access) to 2.2.3,
> or a list of patches/features applied since 2.2.2?  I looked around for
> the info, but apparently not hard enough (or I just don't understand CVS
> branching well enough).

It's not a stupid question, it's a maddening feature of CVS that there's no
place to store meta-data about branches.  What you want to do is pass this
argument to the checkout command:

    -r release22-maint

There's no reasonable way you could have guess that.  The Misc/NEWS file in
that branch summarizes the changes since 2.2.2 (at least those fixes that
people bothered to make a NEWS entry for <winK>).