[Python-Dev] MS VC 7 offer

Chad Netzer cnetzer@mail.arc.nasa.gov
06 May 2003 15:37:30 -0700

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 15:06, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Part of the offer was:
>
> | Potentially we can even figure out how to enable anyone to
> | build Python using the freely downloadable compilers I mentioned
> | above...

Which would seem to exclude building on Win98 machines (or WinME
*snort*, or even Win NT 4).  Those platforms still have a huge installed
base, and I would assume a not insignificant developer base.

Is offering a MSVC6 version along with a more recent compiler version an
option?

--

Chad Netzer
(any opinion expressed is my own and not NASA's or my employer's)