[Python-Dev] Changes to IDLE

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 14:20:28 -0400

> What is the current procedure for changing IDLE, for Python
> committers?  Can I just commit changes to Lib/idlelib, do I need to
> post them to idle-fork, or do I need to do something else?
>
> [assuming, of course, that I think the change is sensible, and
> I would consider applying it to be within my competence]

That's a good question; I'd like to see Kurt Kaiser's opinion on
that.  I doubt that it will be different than for any other part of
the Python library though: when in doubt, use a SF patch or email the
current maintainer.

Fixing clear and simple bugs without asking first would be fine,
presumably; when you get in the feature business, a discussion first
would be appropriate.  There's a TODO.txt file that lists things that
are presumably fair game (although again feature design should always
go through some discussion first).