[Python-Dev] Can't compile _tkinter.c with Redhat 9 (post-SF#719880)

Gerrit Holl gerrit@nl.linux.org
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:50:31 +0200

"Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
> Gerrit Holl wrote:
> >How can I solve this problem? Is it a bug? Or is it something on my system?
>
> make again (after removing ./build), no, and yes: it is a Redhat 9 system.

Thanks!

I am probably not the only one encountering this problem and I didn't
find this behaviour documented in the README. Should it be? If so,
should I sent a docpatch? It's Redhat's failure, of course, but a lot
of unsuspecting RH-users are out (t)here...

> Ask Redhat why they chose to hack Tcl to better accomodate Python.

I take it 'better' is ironically here? :) (I am not good at irony,
if it isn't I haven't understood it very well ;).
Redhat does have bugfix updates, I will look if they know something
about this tomorrow (IIRC they have a buglist).

Gerrit.

--
1. If any one ensnare another, putting a ban upon him, but he can not
prove it, then he that ensnared him shall be put to death.