[Python-Dev] Test_coercion failing on Panther for complex numbers

Neal Norwitz neal@metaslash.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:30:50 -0400

On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 11:20:58PM +0200, Jack Jansen wrote:
> I need a little guidance with bug #775892. I think it's non-serious,
> but I'm not sure (and I don't know how easy it is to fix).
>
> Test_coercion is failing on the beta for MacOSX 10.3. All the failures
> have the same form: the output is (XXX-0j) in stead of the expected
> (XXX+0j).

This problem occurs on AIX and IRIX when using the vendor compilers
IIRC.  It's possible you can fix the problem by using a compiler
flag which changes the math processing.  This should be fixed
generally sooner or later.

Neal