[Python-Dev] New branch for r23c2 work (IMPORTANT)

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
21 Jul 2003 10:26:50 -0400

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 15:51, Tim Peters wrote:

> > I'm confused by this message though: are you volunteering to port
> > r23c1-branch to the head
>
> Somebody has to, but nobody has volunteered yet <wink>.
>
> > so we can do the rc2 and then 2.3 final releases from the head?
>
> The release is stretching out, so I didn't intend to release c2 or final
> from the head.  The intent:

See?  You go on vacation for a week and everything goes to hell. :)

I don't like that at the end of this process that we're going to be
doing 2.3 maint on a branch of a branch of a branch.

IMPORTANT: Do not do 2.4 work on the head!

The remnants of Pylabs just came to concensus <3 wink>.  We're going to
release 2.3 rc2 and final from the head.  Tim is right now merging the
r23c1-branch back to the head.  If people want to start working on 2.4
now, we can create a short-lived branch for that work until 2.3 final
goes out.  At that point, we'll create a 23-maint branch from the head
and do all the point-releases of 2.3 from that.  Then, if necessary, we
can merge the 2.4-branch back to the head.

So, if your name isn't 3 letters long and doesn't start with T and end
with m, please ignore the r23c1-branch.

Let me know if you have a burning desire to do 2.4 work now and I'll
create a branch for it.

-Barry