[Python-Dev] New branch for r23c2 work

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:32:52 -0400

[Tim]
> I think this release has gotten messy enough that we're going to need
> a branch.  I'll create one.

I created branch r23c1-branch from the current head.  There were changes
checked into these files since the r23c1 tag was added:

P Doc/whatsnew/whatsnew23.tex
P Lib/modulefinder.py
P Misc/NEWS
P PCbuild/BUILDno.txt
P PCbuild/python20.wse

I believe we want all these changes in the next 2.3 release stab.  I know
for a fact that we want the changes in the last 3 files listed.  Whoever
changed whatsnew23.tex and modulefinder.py should think about them.

Changes we want to go into the next 2.3 release stab (probably 2.3c2, alas)
should be checked in to the r23c1-branch branch.  They'll eventually need to
get backported to the head.

Ongoing random improvements can be checked into the head alone (they won't
affect the next release candidate).

> The simplest fix is to incref parser_error before calling
> PyModule_AddObject.
>
> 1. Is that a correct fix?

Yes <wink>.

> 2. If so, is this important enough to justify another release
>    candidate?

I think it is, and I'll check the fix in on the new branch.