[Python-Dev] Problem with 2.3b2 tarfile?

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:31:32 +0100

"Tim Peters" <tim.one@comcast.net> writes:

> [sismex01@hebmex.com]
>> [WinNT and it's descendants have no problem using
>> multiple dots in a filename.  What version are you
>> having trouble with?]
>
> Note Sjoerd's
>
>     and all these file names should end in "..."
>
> It's trailing periods.  Here on Win2K (cmd.exe):

I know, let's end the filenames with U+2026, HORIZONTAL ELLIPSIS.
This will surely create no interoperability problems at all.

unhelpfully-ly y'rs,
m.

--
  please realize that the Common  Lisp community is more than 40
  years old.  collectively, the community has already been where