[Python-Dev] Re: native code compiler? (or, OCaml vs. Python)

Brett Cannon bac@OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:45:33 -0800 (PST)

[Michael Hudson]

> It's unclear to me that scheme is more dynamic than Python.

I don't think Scheme is more dynamic either.  The language has set types
that you just don't happen to have access to or see directly.  But there
is no clear cut way of defining new types short of writing it in C.

It was bad enough reading Paul Graham calling Python "water-down Lisp with
infix syntax and no macros", but having Scheme being considered more
dynamic is blasphemy in my book (but that might be because Scheme was
forced upon me in school  =).

-Brett