[Python-Dev] make install failing with current cvs

"Martin v. Löwis" martin@v.loewis.de
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:14:14 +0100

Jack Jansen wrote:
> I like Guido's suggestion of using '-tt' only in Lib proper and
> compiling site-python without it (possibly with '-t', but maybe not even
> that?). I haven't looked at whether this is doable with compileall.py,
> though...

It is very difficult. site-packages is compiled as a side effect of
compiling the entire lib directory, by means of recursive traversal.
I don't think it is possible to turn of -tt at run time. It might be
possible to exclude it from compilation altogether.

Regards,
Martin