[Python-Dev] Adding Japanese Codecs to the distro

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:47:40 -0500

    MAL> Adding the codecs to the distribution would give Python a
    MAL> very good argument in the Japanese world and also help people
    MAL> working with XML or HTML targetting these locales.

+1

    MAL> Ideal would be if we could get Hisao and Tamito to team up
    MAL> to support these codecs (I put him on CC).

Yes, please.  I've been using Tamito's codecs in Mailman and the
Japanese users on my list have never complained, so I take that as
that they're doing their job well.

Let's please try to get consensus before we choose one or the other,
but I agree, I'd love to see them in Python.

What about other Asian codecs?

-Barry